Due to urgent hosting provider change some of the screenshots were lost. Please, accept my apologies :(
ScreenShootMe is a small web app that allows you to share your screenshot in only 3 clicks. Just press the Paste button and an applet will put your screenshot in the canvas, where you can edit it and finally - save it. In return you will receive a short URL pointing to your screenshot which you can share with the rest of the world. It is that simple!
Here is a shortlist with the main functions of ScreenShootMe:
- Press Print Screen button or load image in your clipboard.
- Press Paste and the java applet will put your screenshot in the canvas.
- Press Save to save the screenshot on the server.
- Press Undo to revert last editing operations (cropping or drawing).
- Press Copy to put the image content from the canvas back into the clipboard.
- Press to enter the "selection" mode.
- Press Crop to crop the selected part of the canvas (you must be in "selection" mode).
- Press to enter the "brush" mode.
- When in "brush" mode, you can choose specific color and size of the brush.
- Type your own custom access key for the uploaded screenshot (e.g. "example123" will result in access url - http://screenshoot.me/example123).
ScreenShootMe uses the new HTML5 features (like the Canvas element) and a Java applet (for manipulating the clipboard).
The following requirements must be met in order to use this webtool correct:
- HTML5 capable browser - Mozilla Firefox 3.5+, Google Chrome 5+, Opera 10.5+, Microsoft IE 9
- Java Runtime Environment 1.5+
If your broswer does not support HTML5 or you just want to publish your screenshot instantly, then press Print Screen and go to: http://screenshoot.me/now (it works with all browsers, but it still needs Java Runtime Environment).
If you are using Firefox 3.5 or later and you have installed the Ubiquity add-on, then you could check the 'shotit' command - the easiest way to publish snapshot of your broswer on the web.
If you like this webtool, please make a small donation to support its hosting and domain fees.